OPEN Forum 2013 at Santa Clara Convention Center
OPEN Forum lunch
Women Forum 2013 Keynote
OPEN SV held a very successful First Youth Forum and First Hackathon on Sunday Nov 17th 2013 at Computer History in Mountain View, CA. We would like to thank all the participants at the event and the wonderful volunteers who helped put it together as well as our partner organizations such as Steinbeck Foundation, HeartNell College and Coder Dojo
If you attended the event, you can provide feedback here
To see pictures of the event, click here
OPEN SV welcomed 150+ youth and parents at the First youth conference on Sunday, Nov 17th. The conference started with a short welcome address from OPEN SV President Shahab Riazi...
The following videos are available today and more vides are being added everyday:
- President's Welcome Address 2. Gaurav Garg and Aaref Hilaly on FireEye
- Former CJ of Pakistan Iftikhar Chowdhry and Former Attorney General of Pakistan Munir Malik with Riaz Karamali
- Session on IoT with Faraz Hoodbhoy, Aiaz Kazi of SAP and Kelly Schwagger of Streetline
- Afternoon Keynote from Mulesoft Founder
- 1-1 Session with Paypal CTO James Barrese
- Session with Former Ambassador to Pakistan Cameron Munter, Dilawar Syed and Shuja Nawaz
- 1-1 Session with Former CTO of 49ers
All the videos are available at:
"I see a lot of diversity and yet unity at the OPEN Forum! I'm totally blown away by the excellent content being presented here." – Kevin Krumwiede, Presenter at the Demo Floor
“I met folks from LA, Oregon and Las Vegas who came specifically for the OPEN event. There are a lot of young college grads looking for advice and guidance from the experienced Silicon Valley corporate professionals.” - Yasser Khan, Attendee & Volunteer
“…What the youth board members and volunteers are doing; their leadership roles and involvement in this amazing platform is so unique, it can take them places! Colleges will definitely pay close attention to it. This will give these kids an edge for sure!” - A College counselor in attendance at Youth Track
“I really enjoyed attending the "Young leaders to unconventional pathways to success" panel. Each of the panelists was very inspiring and their personal stories regarding failure and success resonated with the challenges faced by today's youth. I also really enjoyed "How to Land an Opportunity" session lead by Mr. Zafar. He had some amazing tips on making connections.” - Nikki Jande
"As a working woman and now a stay at home mom of a baby, I think this is the only professional networking event with such a vast diversity of age groups, I'm glad I came and got some updates and met more people" – An unidentified Attendee
"This is a great event. So many outstanding speakers and such great opportunity to network with business professionals. I am glad we sponsor this organization". - Len Curran, SOAProjects Attendee
"Having the Youth track in parallel really transformed this event. Instead of a usual business conference, this is a place where there is a constant buzz and energy". - Bryon Mcdougall - Attendee
"I have never been to OPEN before. There is an amazing energy in this event. I am very glad to be here. Thank you for inviting me". – An Unidentified Attendee
"Previously some folks who wanted to attend OPEN Forum, could not do so, because they had to take care of their kids at home. With Youth track, there is no excuse. Bring your kids with you and everyone can have a great time." – An Unidentified Attendee
"The Open SV forum was a great opportunity to network for us. We have scheduled a couple of meetings with potential partners after the meeting." - Pablo Molina, A demo floor presenter
OPEN Forum Set New Benchmarks For Success
- OPEN Forum 2014 was held on Saturday, May 10th at Santa Clara Marriott.
- Shahab Riazi, OPEN SV President, kicked off the conference by thanking the volunteers and giving them center stage right away.
- For the First time ever, there were four startups launched at OPEN SV during the morning welcome address, including Pijjit from OPEN SV member, Asim Zubair, Talent Cove from OPEN SV Charter Member, Fawad Zakariya, Galaxyz from OPEN SV Charter Member, Osman Rashid and MiFam from Reshma Hyder, OPEN SV Member and Chair of Youth Initiative and Youth Board at OPEN SV. Shahab invited everyone to check out these startups at the demo floor.
- Another first at OPEN Forum was the New Demo Floor where several robotics startups were featured alongwith booths for supporters of OPEN SV. There were Xbox stations set up with LED screens for members and youth to enjoy with latest marquee games from EA.
- In yet another first ever at OPEN Forum, Shahab also announced and featured recent successess from within the OPEN SV community including, Osman Rashid's success with Kno and Chegg, Waheed Qureshi with Zenprise, Naeem Zafar with Bitzer Mobile and Ashar Aziz with FireEye.
- Shahab announced that this was the first OPEN Forum where there was no paper program and apps were downloadable on Android and iOS for agendas and speaker bios.
- Shama Khan, Chair of OPEN SV Volunteers introduced the morning keynote comprising of a chat b/w Aaref Hilaly and Gaurav Garg.
- Aaref and Gaurav joined her on stage where they proceeded to talk about the early days of FireEye, a recent success story emanating from OPEN SV membership.
- Gaurav spoke fondly of Ashar's early days with him at FireEye and the struggle that was involved in keeping a steady ship in some very rough waters. Aaref did an amazing job in helping tell that story and punctuated the details with his own share of stories about FireEye. Audience thouroughly enjoyed the conversation and they were clearly inspired by the unyeilding spirit shown by the FireEye team and its eventual success. (Read More to See More Pictures)